I have posted a version 0.2 of my attention monitoring software “Undistract”. This release features the following changes:
- Uses libnotify instead of xosd, which looks a lot better in GNOME
at least and should work fine cross-desktop.
- The most drastic action is now to minimize the distracting window
rather than change virtual desktops, which was quite specific to my
desktop usage. I have tried to manage the focus with this change too,
so that the user doesn’t inadvertently send key presses to a different
- Uses GTK event loop which makes monitoring a lot more efficient.
- More sophisticated usage of libwnck to determine which windows are
active at whether they belong to a distracting application.
- Simplified some of the code and tried to de-jargonize the config file.
You can download it at http://code.ultrahigh.org/undistract